Friday, January 14, 2011

F-I-E-R-C-E

Do you ever hear or see something specific that you feel speaks right to you?  It could be a song, TV program or speech if you’re using your ears.  If you’re using your eyes it could be a quote, psalm, passage, paragraph-heck a whole book!  For us, we’ve been reading quotes our whole life and they just have this miraculous way of really making our day that much better!  We love the positive power that words can possess.  Often times we will trade quotes throughout the day to give us extra motivation or just make us smile!
The other day we decided to incorporate quotes into our softball hitting lessons that we provide.  Here’s how it works…each time we give a lesson we decide upon a word that we feel is associated with great athletes and maybe something that we believe is essential for success.  After the word we’ve decided upon, we also share a few quotes with the individual who is receiving the instruction.
For example, this is what we put together for last night’s lesson (the talented player’s number is 5):
#5=FIERCE
FIERCE: furiously active or determined <make a fierce effort>
Muhammad Ali:
“Champions are made from something they have deep inside them- a desire, a dream, a vision.”

“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize!”

Nicki Minaj - Moment 4 Life :
I fly with the stars in the skies,
I am no longer trying to survive,
I believe that life is a prize,
But to live doesn't mean you're alive,
Don't worry bout me and who I fire
I get what I desire it's my empire
And yes I call the shots I am the umpire

Serena Williams:
“Luck has nothing to do with it, because I have spent many, many hours, countless hours, on the court working for my one moment in time, not knowing when it would come.”

Vince Vaughn - Wedding Crashers :
“Rule # 76, no excuses, play like a champion ...”

We are not quite sure of the effect that quotes can have on results (we’ve decided its immeasurable) or how much she enjoyed the quotes, but what we’ve decided is if you really like something, it’s best to share it with others!  What about you?!  Do you have a favorite quote, song or passage that you often turn to?  PLEASE SHARE!

No comments:

Post a Comment