Friday, February 25, 2011
Friday Fab Five
Happy Friday!!! Have you heard the saying "The best things in life come free?" The following fab five are our favorite "freebies" of the moment. So let's say it (or do it) out loud. Take a gander and let us know what your favorite freebies are!
1. Manners, Please?: Please and Thank You's go a really long way in today's world...just like they did 20 years ago! :) Have you noticed how rare it is to hear a Puh-lease or Thank You...sadly, us too! In fact, it seems like a foreign language in public. Recognizing acts of kindness requires you to speak up and show your appreciation! Check Please...Thank you!
2. Say "I LOVE YOU": Always be sure that those that mean the most to you know exactly how you feel. Saying and showing exactly how you feel is a must. No one is guaranteed tomorrow right? Not to get mushy but.."Have we told you lately....that we love you?" -xoxo
3. Patience: In the world of crazy minivan moms, jet setters, and speedy mall walkers, rushing to the next destination is crucial. It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, but taking a moment to stop and smell the roses also means letting other do the same. Remember this next time you're driving behind Grandpa Joe who's admiring the landscape.
4. Give Credit Where Credit is Due: Has someone ever snatched YOUR idea and pawned it off as their own? Yeah, it's happened to the best of us... at the worst possible time! Show that sneaky rip who's boss by displaying your leadership and always give credit to those who deserve it.
5. Open Doors: Literally and figuratively. Remember when your significant other woo'd you on the first 5 dates with chivalrous acts such as opening car and restaurant doors? Cute huh!? Well what happened during the last 100?! Try to open the door for your sweetheart, the elderly, or anyone close behind! In a more figurative sense, this can mean going out of your way to help someone else get their foot in the door. Someone just may show their appreciation with a Thank You!